Please read over this policy before making a purchase from Boori so that you may familiarise yourself with your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Under the Australian Consumer Law, you have guaranteed legal rights for goods and services you purchase. These are called consumer guarantees; these cannot be excluded and are in addition to any extended warranty your product/s might come with. For more information, please visit www.consumerlaw.gov.au.
When can I request a refund, repair or replacement?
- You are entitled to ask for a refund or replacement if your goods do not meet one of the following consumer guarantees:
- the item is of merchantable quality ie. the goods must meet a level of quality and performance that would be reasonable to expect given the price and description
- the item is fit for the intended purpose as communicated by Boori
- the item you bought matches the description given to you or the display model shown to you
- the item has spare parts and repair facilities available for a reasonable time after purchase unless told otherwise
When can I NOT request a refund, repair or replacement?
- Boori is not obligated to provide you with a refund, repair or replacement when consumer guarantees do not apply; this includes if you:
- have simply changed your mind or made a wrong selection
- discover you can buy the goods cheaper elsewhere (except where we guarantee that goods cannot be purchased cheaper elsewhere)
- have misused the product in any way that contributed to the problem
- knew of or were made aware of the faults prior to purchasing the product
- In the case of a minor problem, Boori may offer you replacement part/s so that you may repair your product, or send a repair technician to carry out the repairs.
Replacements and refunds
- In the case of a major problem, you have the right to ask for a replacement or refund.
- Any requests for replacements or refunds must be made within a reasonable time of receiving the goods
- If you are requesting for a replacement or refund, you must ensure that you:
- have taken reasonable care of the goods
- have not damaged the goods by using them in a way they were not meant to be used
- are able to prove that you purchased the goods from us or one of our authorised retailers
- Replacements are subject to stock availability. If a product cannot be replaced, we will offer you a refund instead.
- Refunds will either be processed via eWay (for online orders) or via bank transactions or credit card (for store orders). These will normally be processed within three business days.
Goods damaged in transit
- Boori advises that you inspect your goods and report to us any damage within 72 hours of receiving them.
- If any of your goods arrive damaged, please contact our service team via firstname.lastname@example.org or our Contact page. Please attach images or videos to help our team understand what part/s are damaged.
- Boori will then arrange for either a replacement part/unit or refund.
How do I return my goods?
- Do not attempt to return your goods before contacting the Boori customer service team. We have specific procedures that need to be followed to ensure that the return proceeds smoothly.
- Please contact our service team via email@example.com or our Contact page, attaching any relevant images/videos to help communicate any problems with the product, as well as a copy of the original sales invoice.
- Our service team will endeavour to respond within ten business days with option/s for how to proceed. If the item needs to be returned, Boori will arrange for the shipping.
- Goods should be returned in their original condition in their original packaging within a reasonable time. This timeframe may vary depending on the product but should be preferably within 7 days of the date of receiving your goods.
What is a major problem?
A product has a major problem when:
- it has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it
- it is unsafe
- it is significantly different from the description or display model
- it is substantially unfit for its purpose and cannot easily be fixed within a reasonable time
Shipping and Labour Fees
- Where Boori considers goods to have breached a consumer guarantee, Boori will cover the cost of returning the goods to our warehouse.
- You may need to pay for additional labour or shipping costs where your rights under the Australian Consumer Law or any manufacturer’s warranty do not apply. This includes if the returned good/s are damaged due to your misuse of it.