The information we collect
When you register on our site we ask for information such as name, email address, home address and telephone numbers. When you place an order we'll also ask you for credit/debit card details and a delivery address. All this information is required so we can process your order quickly.
We do keep records of what you've bought from us so that we can resolve any problems that may arise and can send you relevant information about Boori in the future.
Your personal data
All information collected is used to operate and improve our service to you. We will only use your personal information -
- To deal with orders and accounts for the supply of our goods and services
- To plan and manage business activities including research and analysis of customer shopping habits and preferences, and to provide you with information about the products and services we offer
We may share some of your data with the following -
- Agents such as credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies, fraud prevention and detection agencies that we use to process orders you place with us. We only provide them with the information they need to perform their function.
- If Boori Australia Pty Ltd's business assets are ever sold to or purchased by another company data records are part of our business assets.
We DO NOT use your personal data
We will never pass your personal details on to a third party for marketing purposes.
We may, with your permission, use email testimonials sent to Boori Australia Pty Ltd or Boori Urbane but with no personal or contact details showing on them.
Boori Australia Pty Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Boori Australia Pty Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information (where you have given it to us):
- Your name
- Your contact information including email address
- Your demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, only if you have opted-in to receive these
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes using the email address which you have provided, only if you have opted-in to receive these
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer's hard drive when you visit a website. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the site owners, such as which pages you find useful or not. A web browser normally deletes session cookies when it quits. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. Cookies are used on this site to maintain functionality as you move between pages.
Our website uses first party cookies, which allow us to distinguish you from other users of the website. They maintain functionality as you move between pages and help us to improve our site. We also use some widely-used third-party social media plugins as marketing tools, and to provide convenience tools for our visitors, which create cookies.
|Browser Session||ASP.NET_SessionId||This cookie is automatically set when you land on the website. It enables functionality between pages and is essential for parts of the site to operate (for example, the Login or Shopping Cart function cannot work without it).
It is held temporarily and is deleted when you close your web browser. It does not contain personally identifiable information and is anonymous.
|Visit the Microsoft website.|
||These cookies identify which pages are being used. This helps us to count the number of visitors, which pages they visited and where they've come from, so we can improve the way our website works.
The cookies collect information in an anonymous form. We report on this activity in aggregate, and use this information solely for the purposes of monitoring and improving our website.
|More details on the cookies set by Google Analytics: Google Code
To opt out of Google Analytics, use their Opt Out Tool
How to manage your cookies
Cookies are sent to your browser by a website and then stored in the cookies directory of your device. To check and update your cookies settings, you will need to know what browser you are using and what version of it you have. You can usually find this out by opening the browser (just as if you were going to use the internet) and then clicking on 'Help' and then 'About'.
To find out how to allow, block, delete and manage the cookies on all standard web browsers, go to www.allaboutcookies.org and select the browser and version you are using. You'll also find information about how to delete cookies from your computer.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind and opt-out at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Operations Manager, 18-20 Charles St, St Marys NSW 2760.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Data over the Internet
The internet is a global network - therefore there are cases where your data travels internationally, which may include places outside the European Union. Please be aware if you visit or shop with Boori you are agreeing and authorising us to process data in this way.
We use the most up to date Secure Server Technology to ensure that all personal and transactional information is protected to the highest possible standards.
Boori Australia Pty Ltd
18-20 Charles St,